MENSWEAR FASHION DESIGNER
Buttercloth, “The World’s Most Comfortable Shirt” appeared on Shark Tank last season and made a deal with Robert Herjavec. Now they are one of the fastest growing men’s fashion brands. At Buttercloth we attribute much of our success to the strength of our design team. To build on this momentum, we’re searching for a highly qualified Fashion Designer. You will join a team of passionate and energetic, creative individuals as we work to expand both styles and categories. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with men's fashion, including overseas development. They must also be an extremely organized multi-tasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
• Work closely with the design team in the research and inspiration and creation of a cohesive collections each season.
• Review emerging trends and shapes and research local markets.
• Develop flats and sketches for designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision.
• Prepare Design Sheets with fabric, trim, & construction detail
• Work with Tech Design on development of new bodies
• Communicate directly with overseas factory on sample progress and execution
• Evaluate samples and prepare design comments
• Manage sample delivery to ensure all calendar deadlines are met
• Understand product costing & develop into target cost
• Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation.
• Participate in reviewing samples, provide recommendations, note feedback, and modify sketches as necessary.
• Assist with photo-shoots and other creative content
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
• 3+ Years Experience in both Design and Overseas Development
• Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop a Must.
• Skilled in computer illustration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
• Strong team player
Required Experience: 3 year(s)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Send resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org