TECHNICAL DESIGNER – MENSWEAR
What You’ll Do
- Technical Designer articulates creative design and fit elements into technical spec sheets from the initial phase of block development, stages of fit execution to final fit approvals.
- We are looking for a professional with trained eyes and who can identify fit issues; understand shape, fabric drape, and garment proportions; provide effective fit solutions; and drive approval process.
- Your role is vital in achieving high quality design aesthetics. An ideal technical designer is a champion in sustaining fit consistency and maintaining product quality standards across all product categories.
- Your experience in product quality is an asset. We want you to deliver and maintain premium clothing workmanship that includes knowledge in stitching, seaming, and fusing technology.
- The ideal candidate can exhibit agility to support ongoing brand innovation and to remain competitive. Your experience in benchmark and research analysis to elevate existing standards and develop new fit directions adds value.
What You Need
- Degree in apparel/fashion with a minimum 5+ year of Technical Design experience, preferably in Menswear.
- Proactive and able to identify and communicate fit issues; and provide directive solutions while maintaining design integrity.
- Excellent proficiency to develop and maintain spec sheets, measurement charts, sizing algorithm, and grading.
- Experience with both knit and woven fabrics – tops and bottoms product categories.
- Lead fit sessions on fit form and ‘live’ fit model in a group setting, and virtually with the factories.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, Adobe Suites (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop), WeChat and Zoom.
- Experience in product creation process and T&A Calendar, time-sensitive and able to multi-task priorities to sustain final deliveries.
- Entrepreneurial driven and must have excellent interpersonal skills in communication, in writing, in person, and with a diversified team, digitally and virtually.
- Laser focus and strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects.
- Dynamic and collaborative to partner with internal teams (with Designers, Developers, Merchandising, Marketing and Customer Service) and external teams (with Factories and QC).
Send resume and portfolio link to Candice@buttercloth.com